Our customers have been outside this past week working in the rain and sunshine. We’re proud to say that they have created a new measurement milestone– over 1 million tons of aggregate were measured in one week! The exact weight was almost 1,172,000 tons.
Let’s put the 1,172,000 total aggregate tons measured last week into perspective with some math:
- Did you know that one mile of a six lane highway requires over 110,000 tons of aggregates? The total aggregate tonnage measured with the Stockpile Reports system last week would be equal to over 10 miles of a six-lane highway.
- It is estimated that 85,000 tons of aggregates are necessary to construct one mile of a four lane highway. Last week’s aggregate measurements would equal to more than a 13.5 mile, four lane highway.
- In the United States, the construction of a new home uses an average of 120 tons of aggregates. The tonnage measured last week would equal to a large neighborhood or small city of over 9,750 new homes.
- The Denver International Airport outside of Denver, Colorado, required 5 million tons of crushed stone and other aggregates in its construction. Our customers measured over one fifth of Denver’s airport construction aggregates.
- 15,000 tons of aggregates are required for the construction of an average size school or hospital. That’s like having 78 hospital aggregates measured last week.
Did you know that the Stockpile Reports system supports multiple measurement methods? Although we are proud of our patent-pending iPhone® App and how easy it is to use, no two sites, nor two stockpiles are alike. Different piles each have varying measurement and access challenges. Customers receive accurate volume and tonnage reports for sites using the method that works best for that location and pile placement. This includes measuring by an iPhone, GPS, Walking Wheel and by Estimate.
If you are a Quarry Manager, an Aggregates Manager, a Construction Sales Managers or a CFO and want easy, accurate measurements please connect with us. The Stockpile Reports team is ready to help.